Application for Solo Exhibition at Solas in 2019
Would you like to be one of the members to have a solo exhibition at Solas Gallery during 2019? Now is the time to apply! Whether you have a little or a lot of experience exhibiting your work, Solas would like to hear from interested, committed artists for the 2019 exhibition schedule. We have a mixed schedule every year so there may be a slot to suit your level of experience and ambition (see below).
The gallery is divided into a number of connected spaces. Artists can apply to exhibit in the whole gallery or to share with another artist (one room each). We may also consider a small exhibition of 4-5 emerging artists, a formula which has been very successful in the past. The two smaller rooms on the upper floor may also lend themselves to film or installation work. The final mix of exhibitions will depend on the number of applications and decision of the selection panel.
There is great support available to all exhibitors at Solas. There is help available with planning, layout, promotion and much more. A gallery commission rate of 25% and help with the promotion and hosting, makes mounting an exhibition at Solas very achievable for the artist.
Submissions should be made by email to email@example.com. Hard copy applications will be accepted by arrangement only. If you would like to apply for an exhibition, please see the attached sheet for full details.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any queries any member of the Solas committee will be happy to help or feel free to ring the gallery.
Applications should reach the gallery on or by 31st May 2018.
No late applications will be accepted.
Ballinamore Community Arts Group
Please ensure that all the following are submitted with your application:
2. Artist’s Statement
- Photos of Work (labelled* jpeg attachment with email; no CDs)
(If these are not included, the application will not be considered complete)
* All images (500KB or less jpeg preferred) must be labelled with artist’s name and title
Closing Date for Applications 31st May 2018.
No late applications can be accepted.
- Please send email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line should read “Your Name - Solas Solo Application 2019”
- Please enclose:
An up to date CV (What you have done)
Artist’s Statement (Why you do it)
Up to 6 – 8 photos of current work
Fully completed application form.
- Include all documentation in a single email where possible
- If more than one email is sent per application, please mark them “1 of 2” and “2 of 2” etc as appropriate.
- Photos should be resized to be 500KB or smaller and each photograph should be individually labelled with the artist’s name and the title. Jpeg images are preferred.
- If you cannot submit your application by email, a hard copy application will only be accepted by prior arrangement.
All applicants will be notified by mid-July whether or not their application has been successful.
If you have had a solo exhibition in 2018, you will not be eligible to apply for 2019.
We will try to accommodate your preferred dates but cannot guarantee this.
There is space on the form for any other information you wish to provide but this is optional.
Your 2018 membership must be in place when the application is submitted. Payment can accompany your application. Successful applicants will also be required to renew membership in 2019 in order to exhibit at the gallery.
For promotional purposes, successful applicants must be able to provide the title of the exhibition and images of some of the work by 1st October 2018